This tutorial will show you how you can easily change the font of any text that is displayed on your Motorola ROKR E2 screen.
First you need to choose any TTF (True Type Font) - the same fonts are used in Windows, so I am preety sure that you can find tons of variations (just google them).
Before you continue you need to know how to:
1. Establish Telnet access to Motorola ROKR E2
2. Download the autorun script by our Chineese friends
3. You have to be on modded firmware. The stock software will not execute the startup script
Now here is what you need to do:
- Unzip the autorun.zip and go to the folder /autorun/files/myfont/
- Rename your TTF font file to myfont.ttf and copy it to that folder
- Connect your phone in Memory Card mode and copy the autorun folder on your transflash card root folder
- Now connect your phone in USBNet mode and start using telnet
- Execute the following command:
# mkdir /ezxlocal/download/mystuff/unKnown/autorun/
# cp /mmc/mmca1/autorun/* /ezxlocal/download/mystuff/unKnown/autorun/
- Disconnect and reboot your phone. Enjoy